We will entertain your little one and their party guests.
Personally tailored to the age of your children with fun activities.
Baby Signing Classes
Baby Sign is a method of communicating with your baby before they are capable of speech.
Do you want to know if your baby is hungry, thirsty or tired?
Acquisition of the spoken word is a slow process but the introduction of sign language from a few months of age can improve communication between parents and child, enhancing and enriching their relationship.
Although your child may not be able to form words, if they are hungry or need their nappy changing they can sign to you.
Baby Sign is simple to learn and easy for big and little hands to do.
Benefits of doing Baby Sign for you and your infant
There are so many benefits of signing with your infant:
- It's fun!
- Signing opens a window into your infant's mind and personality.
- Signing allows your infant to clearly communicate specific thoughts before they have developed the oral skills to articulate them.
- Signing reduces frustration for your infant – and for you!
- Signing won’t delay verbal language development – in fact, it may accelerate it. Research shows that infants who sign usually start to talk sooner and develop larger vocabularies than non-signing infants.
- Signing infants often have a higher IQ than non-signing infants.
- Signing infants tend to be more interested in books.
- Signing builds on babies’ natural tendency to use gestures.
- Signing reduces the guesswork in meeting an infant’s needs, resulting in more available time for positive, developmental interactions.
- Increases concentration levels and builds confidence.
What to expect from Baby Sign
My Babytime offer a 6 week beginner’s course or weekly drop-in sessions. Both are open to infants from 4 months to 2 years of age. We welcome and encourage parents, grandparents and siblings to come along and join in, so they too benefit from learning Baby Sign.
Baby Sign is based on BSL and the course incorporates signs, rhymes, sensory play, games and storytelling. Not only will your infant learn a valuable communication skill, they will be having lots of fun interacting with other infants too.