Find My Nearest Class
Postcode or Town
Fun & Sign Classes
Fun & Sign is a method of communicating with your baby before they are capable of speech.
Do you want to know if your baby is hungry, thirsty or tired?
Acquisition of the spoken word is a slow process but the introduction of sign language from a few months of age can improve communication between parents and child, enhancing and enriching their relationship.
Although your child may not be able to form words, if they are hungry or need their nappy changing they can sign to you.
Fun & Sign is simple to learn and easy for big and little hands to do.
Benefits of doing Fun & Sign for you and your infant
There are so many benefits of signing with your infant:
- It's fun!
- Signing opens a window into your infant's mind and personality.
- Signing allows your infant to clearly communicate specific thoughts before they have developed the oral skills to articulate them.
- Signing reduces frustration for your infant â€“ and for you!
- Signing wonâ€™t delay verbal language development â€“ in fact, it may accelerate it. Research shows that infants who sign usually start to talk sooner and develop larger vocabularies than non-signing infants.
- Signing infants often have a higher IQ than non-signing infants.
- Signing infants tend to be more interested in books.
- Signing builds on babiesâ€™ natural tendency to use gestures.
- Signing reduces the guesswork in meeting an infantâ€™s needs, resulting in more available time for positive, developmental interactions.
- Increases concentration levels and builds confidence.
What to expect from Fun & Sign
My Babytime offer a 6 week beginnerâ€™s course or weekly drop-in sessions. Both are open to infants from 4 months to 2 years of age. We welcome and encourage parents, grandparents and siblings to come along and join in, so they too benefit from learning Fun & Sign.
Fun & Sign is based on BSL and the course incorporates signs, rhymes, sensory play, games and storytelling. Not only will your infant learn a valuable communication skill, they will be having lots of fun interacting with other infants too.
My Babytime Fun & Sign Booking Form
- Booking operates on a first come basis i.e. whoever returns their forms first gets a place. Places cannot be reserved without forms.
- Fees to be paid at the first session by cash or cheque made payable to My Babytime.
- Fees are non-refundable except in certain extenuating circumstances at the discretion of My Babytime.
- If you miss a class it cannot be refunded or carried over to the next block of classes.
- Blocks of classes must be paid for IN FULL i.e. ÂŁ30 even if you are not going to be able to attend all the classes e.g. due to holiday
- All handouts are included in cost of classes.
- None of the information handed out at classes / presentations / workshops is to be copied or reproduced without prior written permission from My Babytime. This information is protected by copyright.
- Parents must supervise their babies/children at all times and are responsible for their babiesâ€™/childrenâ€™s welfare whilst attending the classes.
- No responsibility can be taken for loss or damage to property or person in or outside the venue.
- My Babytime Presenters are covered by professional indemnity/public liability insurance. This does not cover personal belongings for staff or group members (copies of certificate available on request).
- Should you have a complaint please speak to a member of staff either in person or by phone, request a complaints form or contact us through our website.
- We keep your personal details on file simply for administrative purposes and do not share this information with third parties.